CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Memo Boards!

I have been wanting to make my kids their own memo/reminder boards. Today I decided I was going to do it and went to the DI (thrift store) and looked for some frames. As I walked down the kitchen isle toward the picture frames I thought, hmm maybe a cookie sheet would work. Well I didn't really find any frames I liked and they wanted a buck a piece and I knew the dollar store had cookie sheets. So I stopped by the dollar store and got 4 sheets. Don had some black spray paint so I painted them. Got on pinterest and looked at memo boards and decided I wanted some sort of dry erase section so I saw someone had used clear contact paper and I knew I had some! So I went through my cute scrapbook paper and picked a piece for each kids cut it 7x6 and covered it. I was gonna run to Target to get those awesome velcro things that stick to the wall but remembered I had bought some a few years ago so I went looking for them and found them!! yay! A few weeks ago a store was going out of business so we stopped by and bought these clip magnets. Not sure why but now I do!! I just put a sticker on each one with the first letter of their name! I think they are cute! Modge podged the spray paint then stuck on the dry erase paper. My kids have been gone all night and were so excited to come home and watch me finish, they colored on the dry erase, put more magnets and pictures on. Here ya go!

1 comments:

Junebug7776 said...

Those are so cute. how did you hang them up? ribbon?